November 15, 2010

Girls Just Want to Have Fun!

It all started in my middle school years, between 5th and 7th grade. I never dared to go 'outside the box' when it came to fashion. Ironically, I had no clue about fashion. So half the stuff I wore, I never really knew if it was 'cool' or not. I would turn my nose up at things, even if I really, really liked them, because there was the smallest possibility it wouldn't be accepted come Monday morning.

But now, as I've learned about myself and life, I realize life is too short to let others tell you what you think. Especially when it comes to those things that make you smile and fill your heart with joy.

I stick these HUGE and elaborately GORGEOUS flowers atop my baby girl's head (nearly every day). There are times it seems almost ridiculous. Think about it.
A flower that is the same exact size as my daughter's head?!
My funky flowers have been called "head-dresses" a few times.
That makes me laugh-out-loud.

But 9 times out of 10, people can't stop "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" over the magnificence of the funky flower! My daughter gets so much more positive attention when a funky flower adorns her head. People say she's "beautiful". "What a doll," they say. Yes, I do believe my daughters are the prettiest things alive. Yet, those flowers are the cherry that sits on top of the, already, oh-so-yummy sundae!

My husband said to me one day, "How's it feel to be a trend-setter?"

Pretty good, actually.
In fact...it's amazing.

What's my point to all this?
Set your own standards when it comes to how fun you want your look to be. If you get some strange looks? So what? Who cares?
Because you know,
that deep inside,
they are secretly jealous of you.
They're just wishing they had enough guts to pull it off.

So go ahead. Have some fun!
You know you want to.
Here's the fun and fabulous Maddie
wearing the "Cheetah" flower.


And here, she's wearing the "Adilyn" flower.


And for even MORE fun,
you should try out this one.
This is the "Maddie" flower.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

I feel the same way. You should always be original and unashamed of it.

Post a Comment